Director of National Accounts and Contracts
Direct reports: N/A
Location: Remote, can live anywhere in the US.
Base Salary: $120,000 – $160,000
Bonus Potential: 20% of Base Salary
401k Option: Company also provides a up to matching contribution option
Healthcare Benefit Options: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Insurance: Life and Disability Insurance
Paid Time Off: Vacation and Sick paid days off are available
Expense Information: Company pays for all business-related expenses (compliance regulations apply)
The National Account and Contract Manager is responsible for overseeing all processes related to contract creation including drafting, negotiation, redlining, executing, contract activation and contract maintenance associated with IDN’s and/or Regional GPOs. This role will provide support to General Manager and have close collaborations with, Area Sales Directors, Territory Consultants and Product Managers on National GPO Contracts and RFIs/RFPs. The National Account and Contract Manager will conduct needs assessment and ensure contracts are compliant and profitable.
Key Success Indicators:
- Contract Management
- Negotiating, drafting, revising and implement unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions of IDN/Regional GPO agreements to ensure compliance with appropriate laws and regulations
- Implementation of pricing and contracting strategies including pre and post deal evaluation, gaining approval, and proposing corrective actions as market dynamics change.
- Prepare and finalize language for contracts and agreements that involve the purchase of sale of goods and services
- Collaborate with the Sales and Business Development teams to create strategies, administer contracts and address account specific contracting opportunities and work together to explore expanded market opportunities
- Supplying contractual and other business agreement guidance to internal management including sales and business development management
- Maintain detailed and organized files. Provide contract summaries and ensure contract execution in accordance with company policy
- Serve as the main point of contact for contract topics and questions ”
Key Success Indicators: Business Development
- Participating in the development and negotiation of business alliances and other collaborative agreements, as necessary
- Collaborating with the Finance, Legal, Quality, Compliance and other departments for consistent business rules focused on appropriate reporting and compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Work closely with the Area Sales Directors and Territory Consultants to monitor market, product terms and conditions as well as changes in laws and regulations and inform direct and in-direct personnel on the implications of any such changes
- Evaluate contracting proposal recommendations by reviewing the ROI of the T&C and analyze any elements of risk or downsides of not moving forward
- Assisting in the development of business and sales channel segment strategies with the President of North America”
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s Degree (MBA) or Law Degree preferred
- Detail orientated while being able to provide strategic thinking and perspectives
- Minimum five years of experience in drafting and negotiating agreements in the healthcare industry
- Must have experience working with GPO and IDN customers
- Capable of drafting complex contract terms and conditions, attention to detail, reviewing contracts for conformity to policies and identifying and assessing risks is required
- Experience with creating legal documents, contract processes and policies, innovative contracting strategies, market channel net pricing policies, market access analytics, and customer profitability.
- Must possess the ability to examine, communicate and fulfill objectives according to business priorities and strategy
- Exceptional attention to detail and communication & negotiation skills
- Intermediate computer skills with MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook negotiating terms and conditions
- Must complete a successful background check and drug screening
- Legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. and not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future