Job Title: Federal Accounts Representative – Northeast
Department: Sales – Targeted Federal Accounts
Reports To: Vice President, Americas
SUMMARY: This position will take the lead in promoting our product(s) to qualified customers in the territories assigned to them and represent our product(s) exclusively. The account manager will be selling our product line to clinical and medical customers across different calling points with the VA being the primary focus. Position requires approximately 80% travel within the territory in the US. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties and responsibilities are representative of those to be performed by the person in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list and may change from time to time. In addition, other duties may be assigned as required.
- Establish relationships with physicians/clinicians and customers in VA hospitals & post acute communities, wound care clinics, outpatient clinics, and home care opportunities
- Ability to develop, maintain and nurture effective working relationships within assigned accounts and territories and maintain strong knowledge of key influencers and decision-makers in a VA medical clinic &/or VA health care setting
- Based on data, seek strategic customers by targeted prospecting (existing/target accounts and new business)
- Utilize professional selling skills to solicit sales, adhere to local VA’s protocol for successful product adoption
- Connect with contacts at all levels and with all groups which might influence current and future buying decisions
- Delight customers with our product(s) and service and follow up to make sure customer requests/problems are satisfactorily resolved
- Apply structured time and territory management techniques to optimize customer facing opportunities
- Deliver upon defined customers metrics (visits, calls, frequency)
- Pre-plan and implement sales calls: review background information, set call objectives, define sales strategy, including available salesforces tools/CRM/engage bay and other information
- Ability to independently manage tasks and set priorities
- Input/up-date objectives and sales data regularly (on CRM, ERP, Engage Bay etc.,.)
- Dedicated to our customer including solving problems, assisting them and ensuring their satisfaction with our products, including technical advice on the use of products, delivery considerations, quality control, training and placement support – including Community Care Program & its transitional paperwork for approvals.
- Promptly follow procedures for product or service complaints
- Maintain highest degree of product knowledge through continuous learning, including quality, features, benefits, proof sources, customer applications, quality and competitive advantages
- Represent our product(s) at trade shows, conferences and meetings; prepare associated reports and attend local or regional meetings as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B. A.), minimum of 3-5 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience as well as proven success in presenting new products using effective sales processes and tools. Wound care sales experience and VA vendor credentialing are required.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, write, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to customers, top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations and proportions to practical situations. Mathematical skills required for field forecasting & revenue projections.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Solid computer skills including MS Office and appropriate applications and analytics. Specific