Wound Care Sale Representative
Title – Territory Sales Representative – San Jose
Reports to – Regional Sales Manager
Base Salary – $75,000 – $85,000
Commission – $37,000+ uncapped
MBO – $5000 after 6 months, $2500 after 12 months
Benefits – Healthcare (Dental, Vision, Medical)
401K (fully vested day 1)
Car Allowance – $500/Month
To maximize and grow revenue and profits on assigned territory through achievement of sales targets by selling and promoting company products and services to physicians and other medical personnel within assigned geography. Educate customers on the use, characteristics, advantages, indicated treatments and all other developments related to promoted products.
Professionally represent company in the field and ensure high levels of visibility and customer satisfaction in territory. Maintain effective communication and relationships with key external and internal customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Call on targeted physicians (hospitals, clinics, doctors’ offices, rehab facilities, nursing homes) to promote and educate company products through one-on-one meetings, presentations, professional education programs and other appropriate means.
- Achieve high levels of call and field productivity by optimizing call routes to maximize time in field; expected to meet and exceed expectations for call plans, with five days in the field each week.
- Build, maintain, grow and support customer relationships while identifying and pursuing new customer acquisition opportunities in assigned territory through booked appointments, follow up calls or conducting cold calls.
- Create and execute marketing plans, business territory plan activities and presentations as instructed by Regional Sales Manager.
- Drive sales performance to achieve and exceed sales forecast and assigned budgets using territory business plan and call activity reports while adhering to all ethical sales practices and required guidelines.
- Gather, analyze and deliver information from the field to Regional Sales Manager to allow the Company to develop strategies and products to meet customer demand.
- Develop and maintain up to date in-depth knowledge on competitive information such as bid situations, pricing data or bundling arrangements in order to establish negotiated pricing contracts for assigned products.
- Co-ordinate promotional efforts with peers across franchises and with co-promotion alliance partners.
- Submit timely and accurate administration management of sales reporting activities, testing, territory expenses and other written reports as necessary by the deadline defined by company or Regional Sales Manager.
- Attend all company sponsored sales and medical meetings as directed by company management (POAs, National Sales Meetings, Regional and Local Conventions etc.).
- Manage and maintain all company equipment and promotional materials (company literature, product samples etc.) according to Company guidelines.
- Pursue continuous learning and professional development on efficient sales, communication and product knowledge training to maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic and managed care information relative to assigned sales territory. Stay informed about the activities of health services on your assigned territory.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
The following competencies are required for this position:
Learning and self-management
- Continuously work to improve own performance by pursuing opportunities for learning and getting feedback on own performance.
- Able to listen effectively and communicate in formal and informal settings using written and verbal methods.
- Build and maintain relationships with colleagues through the sharing of ideas and advice and show leadership through self-motivation and initiative.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and decision making capability by identifying problems and creating solutions to overcome them.
Planning and organizing
- Able to manage multiple projects and assess project priorities, create detailed action plans, organize and schedule meetings and tasks effectively.
- Be results orientated by understanding how to use selling techniques to identify opportunities, negotiate and manage sales, manage business needs and cost requirements.
Initiative and enterprise
- Plan and carry out tasks without detailed instructions and prepare for problems or opportunities in advance by taking ownership of situations and being proactive in approach.
- Bachelor’s degree (any major) from an accredited college or university is required.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Knowledge of the medical, healthcare or pharmacy industry and skills in clinical selling are preferred but not essential.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs., sit, stand, walk for long distances and stoop.
- Organizational relationships
- Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
- Management and supervisory responsibility:
- No direct managerial responsibility for team members
- External contacts:
- Customers within territory
- Organizational authority
- Tactical decisions made on territory agreed with Regional Sales Manager
- Client company is an Equal Opportunity Employer of females, minorities, protected veterans and the disabled. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a disabled veteran or protected veteran, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.