Base – $110,000-$120,000
Bonus – $70,000 at plan
Total Comp – $180,000+
Full Medical/Dental Coverage
Company Car (all expenses covered)
Territory : Southeast Region – FL, GA, NC, SC, AL
About the role:
Reporting to the National Sales Director (NSD), you will be responsible for selling our client’s Surgical Cover Dressing & Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) products which will drive market share increase within a designated Region. You will foster team effectiveness and accomplishment of shared goals by sharing knowledge, experience, and information in order to optimize business strategies and drive overall sales within the region.
Your key duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and manage impactful new business opportunities across the region
- Drive specific marketing campaigns for specialized products in the Surgical portfolio
- Plan and implement product in-service programs for Company products by analyzing territorial sales to target key customers. Report results of in-service program to the Regional Sales Managers and National Sales Director
- Collaborate with Territory Managers to ensure clinical and strategic best practices applied to deliver surgeon, hospital, and IDN conversions
- Execute marketing campaigns and lead generation strategies that result in increased customer acquisition, loyalty and conversion
- Drive actionable strategies & tactics within defined Region and connect with providers, patients, and consumers in a direct and meaningful way
- Develop and maintain action plans (i.e., weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly) by analyzing Region performance, sales and reports to identify the needs of specific accounts and discuss issues with Regional Sales Manager or National Sales Director to help the organization achieve its annual sales goals
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of clinical evidence and articulate our evidence-based value proposition
- Demonstrate clinical understanding of targeted surgical procedures and product application
- Develop and cultivate KOL relationships
- Continually identify new opportunities through distributors and retailers for greater optimization and business impact
- Adhere to customer account policy and procedures and maintain compliance with all regulatory and clinical guidelines
- Train and mentor Territory Managers in the Region on products in Surgical portfolio and associated selling techniques
- Responsible for managing opportunities within identified key target accounts for the Area
- Attend national, regional, and local meetings as required. Represent Company in a professional manner at scheduled meetings
- Adhere to T&E Travel Policy, Company’s compliance policy and Standards of Business Conduct & Ethics including relevant industry Codes of Practice
- Hospitals, Operating Room, WOCNs, Surgeons, Cath Lab, Physician Office, Wound Care Clinics, US Marketing, NSDs/RSMs, Sales Leadership Team, Channel Management Team, Corporate/Strategic Accounts Team.
As a Surgical Sales Specialist (SSS), you know how to set clear goals, provide structured feedback/guidance, collaborate across a matrix organization, how to measure success, and drive accountability when needed. With your experience selling into acute facilities, you are an expert at building long-term, productive customer relationships while interacting with surgeons, OR Staff and other HCPs. You bring proven abilities to design client ready and executive presentations which are built on quantitative and qualitative data sets. As we continue to move into a more digital world, you bring strong presentation skills both virtually (through MS Teams/Zoom) and in-person, as this is vital to achieve success in this role.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience required in a complex selling environment.
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) experience preferred.
- Experience selling medical products into hospitals/acute care facilities are preferred.
- Experience selling in an Operating Room (OR) setting or surgical experience preferred
- Successful prior experience working with product compliance regulations and understanding healthcare policy and reimbursement
- Documented history of sales success with stack rankings, awards.
- Experience selling to and through distributors is preferred.
- Ability to interact with and build relationships with surgeons, OR staff and other HCPs. Strong presentation skills (i.e. varying audience size and type).
- Excellent project management and communication skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong clinical acumen
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license is required
- Incumbent will spend significant amount of time traveling.
- May have to work evenings & weekends occasionally.
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to the assigned area.